Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Looking Professional Is Harder Than You Think

Yesterday I ran into an old coworker. I hadn't seen this person in at least five years. We got to talking about what is going on in our lives, and I mentioned my book (and the waiting and waiting and waiting).

Old Coworker asked the standard question I get from pretty much everyone, "What's your book about?"

I tried to give my lame elevator pitch (seriously, I need to work on this more!), but then I thought of my blog and told Old Coworker to check it out.

Old Coworker asked for the web address and I remembered my business cards.

I dug in my purse and found one business card. Only one. The only I had been saving and carrying around more like a lucky charm than something I would have to give away.

But I pulled it out.

So instead of looking all cool and slick for having cards for my blog...I handed over this card...

Nothing says professional like the puking unicorn!

13 comments:

Emily White said...

At least it's puking a rainbow. ;)

You're better than me, though! I still don't have any business cards to hand out. Talk about unprepared.

Christine Fonseca said...

That is so funny! And I'm with Emily...I so need to get my business cards done!

Falen said...

that is the best picture ever.
I'm totally, seriously completely jealous of your rainbow puking unicorn

Kristan said...

LOL! Whatevs, it's awesome. Awesome trumps professional every time.

Kaitlin Ward said...

That is too awesome.

India Drummond said...

I agree with Kristan... awesome is better!

Janet Johnson said...

Awesome card. Can I ask where you got it? I'd love to get some for myself. ;)

LOVE it.

Mina Carlisle said...

Haha, I think that's awesome. I'd love to have business cards like that!

Emilia Plater said...

OMG. That is epic. <3 I'm sure you left a memorable (lovable!!) impression in their head. :D I had to give an elevator pitch to one of my teachers today - "Uh, so, the boyfriend dies, but that happens eight months before the story, which starts when..." *facepalm*

BTW, Rachele, I'd like to apologize profusely for taking soo long to get your contest drawing to you. I've actually had the pen drawing itself done since forever, but I keep wanting to add color... and wanting to add color... and wanting to add color... I swear, when you get it - something will go down - !! LOL Again, I'm sorry :)

Rachele Alpine said...

Janet...I got the puking unicorn (among other cards!) at moo.com

Check out the site...the cards are great!

Emilia...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! Can you hear my screams of excitment from here?!

Vicki Rocho said...

Ahhhh, but he's puking RAINBOWS, how cool is that?

Kelley Vitollo said...

LOL. At least it's a rainbow!

apalfrey said...

vista print is a great place to get cards too. normally first 250 for only s&h.
BTW love the unicorn. lmbo!