Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Screaming Like A Girl At A Jonas Brother Concert

Does anyone remember when I was all lame and shy girl and went to hear Jay Asher talk but didn't say anything to him after?

Well...I sent him an e-mail and told him how lame and shy girl I was and how I enjoyed his talk/book. He laughed at me lame and shy girl ways, and since then we've e-mailed back and forth a few times about writing, publishing and all that good stuff.

So the story gets even better.

I get an e-mail from him a few days ago reminding me of how lame and shy girl I was the first time he was in Cleveland and he told me he was going to be back in the area today. Then...he asked if I would want to hear him talk and get something to eat after.

WOULD I???

Heck yeah!

So I'm about to head out to be Jay Asher's guest at his presentation and then hang out with him.

Seriously?

Seriously!

Can you hear my fan girl scream from here????

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hey, I once screamed like a lunatic at a New Kids on the Block concert (yes, I am that old). Seriously though, that is awesome news. Soak in some details for us and post them o.k.?

Michelle said...

That rocks! Talk about positive reinforcement to get you over your shyness!

Kaitlin Ward said...

how exciting!!!!
Have so much fun :)

Christina Lee said...

WOWEE!! um, where will you be, so I can be all stalker girlish.

But seriously..I am going to Legacy Village Booksellers tonight to attend a book club that Lila is running. Will you be around there? I've been meaning to ask if you were going/ or wanted to go. A little too late, huh? Plus you got this gig with Jay and all going on... ;-)

Kristan said...

That's awesome! Yay for not being lame and shy via the internet. Opportunities come in the most unexpected ways. :)

Lisa Nowak said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go. Have a great time.

Mina Carlisle said...

Ahhhhh! That's so exciting and so awesome that he invited you out! It's like how in the town my college is in, they have this program called 1 Book, Many Voices and 13 Reasons Why is the book choice this year and I am hoping that Jay Asher is going to come speak about his book! Because Sherman Alexie was here last year and I couldn't go, but I will definitely go see Jay!

Have fun! You have to blog about it later!

Kara said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!

Amy Lukavics said...

!!!!!! LUCKY!

Matthew Rush said...

That is awesome Rachele! Congratulations.

Even though I don't think you meant to write it that way, a shy show girl sounds pretty crazy.

Kate Hart said...

Holy crap! Have a great time!

India Drummond said...

OOh, sounds like a great time! Have fun!