Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Universe

Dear Universe,

I've got a promise for you.

Are you listening?

Okay!

If I get a book deal I promise to show up at The Today Show holding a glittery sign stating "I got a book deal!"

In fact, Universe, not only will I hold the sign, but I will make sure I'm holding the sign wearing lots and lots CANARY yellow (which, by the way, I don't even look good in. Yellow is totally not my color. But does that matter? No way!).

You know this promise is a big deal for me because I'm not a morning person. In fact, when I don't have to work, my mornings usually starts around 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. People know not to mess with my sleep in the morning, because I'm a very evil person when woken up early. But Universe, I'm all about getting up at the crack of dawn to make sure I'm right behind that rope holding my sign and I'll be happy and smiling even if the sun isn't up yet.

Watch for me, universe, because you'll be seeing me on TV in the future. I promise!

Love,

Rachele Alpine

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone and for voting. I loved getting your ideas and a couple of them gave me a good laugh. The Today Show idea won by a landslide.

Speaking of winning...

The winner of an autographed copy of 13 Reasons Why is BROOKE!

Congrats, Brooke! Please e-mail me (rachelealpine@gmail.com) with your address.

Readers, if you haven't checked out her blog, please do so. She's doing some pretty cool stuff on it with pictures.

Okay, here we go. My promise is out and I'm asking all of you to send some positive thoughts my way about this next round of submissions. I'll keep you posted!

9 comments:

Creepy Query Girl said...

Good luck with your submissions! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

Kristan said...

Congrats, Brooke! And good luck, Rachele!

Bethany Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, I loved the book 13 Reasons Why! I mean, it caused tons of drama in my friend's life (hint: never read when you're right on the edge of suicide) but it was fantastically well-written and I loved it. And good luck while waiting for a book deal! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Nancy's a bit of a tyrant, truth be told, but as far as to-do lists go, she's pretty okay. :)

Angie Paxton said...

Good luck with the submissions! I hope to see you on the Today show all in canary yellow soon.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

GOOD LUCK! It sounds like a great deal for the universe - how could it resist? LOL! :-)

Rachele Alpine said...

Bethany Elizabeth...I love the book too, and hopefully it ended up helping your friend in the end.

And I agree with all of you....how can the universe resist a promise like this? Seriously...it should totally listen! :)

Talli Roland said...

Congrats, Brooke! And good luck with your submissions!

Janet Johnson said...

Positive thoughts coming your way. Fun letter!

Matthew Rush said...

Best of luck getting sold. We'll be watching for you!