Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Making Me So Sad I Cried A Tear

It's been awhile since I've shared an entry from my angst ridden middle school diary.

Let's take a look, shall we?

Today I pulled out some deep sixth grade reflections about how life is changing. I've tried to clean up my awful spelling/grammar in the italicized sections. I wonder if my sixth grade self would be mortified that I keep sharing this stuff!?

"I'm growing up so fast an it seems as if everything is changing. It seems as if just yesterday me and Randy were best friends and playing Star Wars together as if it didn't matter (that) I was a girl an he was a boy."

"Now it seems that whenever I get near a boy or one talks to me, it seems that my hand gets sweaty an all I saw are one-word syllables. I don't know what's happening. There are so many changes. My friends are..."

"...changing too. It seems that my best friend Betsy, who we have been best friends since kindergarten, hardly ever talk to each other anymore. It seems that me an Jenny are best friends."

"It's making me sad."

You know something is making you sad when you cry a tear on the page and circle it!

If you're a new reader...you can continue to read my diary entries here and here. Enjoy!

What made you sad or scared growing up? What worried you? Share a thought that your sixth grade self may have written...

8 comments:

Falen said...

Ha! I LOVED the cricled tear as proof that you were sad.
I was always worried about growing up too fast too. I was very aware as a child that childhood was limited and i needed to suck all the fun out of it that i could

Hilary Wagner ~ Writer said...

Oh, that's so sweet! I never kept a diary. You are brave to share it! I was a nevous Nellie around boys...still am! ;)

xoxo -- Hilary

JustineDell said...

Awh, I didn't keep a diary either, but now I wish I would have. Your's is making remember all those awkward and sad times from way back then. I wish I would have written down how I felt.

I love the circled tear. If I wouldn've had a diary, I'm sure I wouldn've done something like that too.

~JD

Matthew Rush said...

Wow, very courageous of you to share this Rachele, kudos.

I wish I had some evidence of my younger self like this but if I did I probably wouldn't share.

Bronwyn Scott-McCharen said...

Awww...I love looking back to middle school xD

Thank you for sharing your old diary entries! I kept a notebook sort of like this, but instead I would write really crazy Titanic AU (as teenagers in the present day) fanfic.

@llison said...

I started keeping a journal in 4th or 6th grade, can't remember which. And I still have them ALL in a box marked "PRIVATE!!" (Smart, right?) I would never dare share them though, I get embarrassed enough reading them myself!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Ohh so cute! Almost makes me want to break out my diary from middle school (almost).

Cynthia Watson said...

I love it!

I was just telling someone how I wrote a letter to my parents from summer camp on a piece of birch bark I ripped off a tree.

It said, "I got caught smoking by Sister Pauline, but on the postitive side, my skin has cleared up."

It's so cool to save these little momentos for our kids!