Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's Here! It's Here!

So most of you know about my fangirl crush on John Green and his writing. I've been counting down the days until Will Grayson, Will Grayson is out. I purposely didn't pre-order it because I wanted to make sure it would be in my hands in Florida and didn't want to mess with shipping.

This morning I talked my main squeeze into going to Barnes and Noble with me and proceeded to march right over to the teen section...

where I found the shelf was empty!!!

So I went over to Jonathan Levithan's section and checked for it there. It was still gone (the book title WTF below just about summed up my thoughts at the moment).

It wasn't until I asked a worker that we found it in the corner of a shelf...hidden away with only two copies. Two copies! Don't they realize the rush that will be on their hands today to get it?
Okay, I know that John Green was waging a pre-order campaign to get people to but it online, but there were still those of us who wanted to physically buy it in a store.

Phew! I had it! The joy, the joy!

And now it's time to go enjoy it buy the pool...

What about you? Do you have your copy yet???

3 comments:

Kristan said...

Congrats! I still need to read a book by him. I have Looking for Alaska, just haven't started it yet...

Matthew Rush said...

Oh so that's what you were talking about yesterday.

If he's that good I'll have to look into it. Thanks for sharing Rachele.

Shameless self promotion (I know you're out of town, this is for your followers):

If you have time please stop by, read and comment on my guest post for today over at Justine Dell's blog:

http://justine-dell.blogspot.com/

It's an interesting topic that will hopefully spark some discussion.

Thanks!

Guinevere said...

Visiting your blog from Matt Rush's blog! I've never actually read a John Green book, but I will have to add it to my list now.

Enjoy reading by the pool!