Tuesday, March 23, 2010

We Just Needed A Break....

My writing and I broke up for awhile when my book went on submission. I got all insecure and didn't think that my writing was deserving of me. After my book was on sub for two weeks, I started to loose faith in my writing. I tried to make it wrote, I shared new excerpts with you, but it just wasn't like it used to be.

My writing and I talked about it and we decided it was best to "take a break." We didn't see other people or go out and get wild with our single friends. We just spent some time away.

But....it's official. We're back together! We're back, we're back, we're back!

I've written 57 pages in the last week for my new novel and it's just like our relationship wasn't even on a break! I'm writing again, the ideas are flowing and I feel compulsed to write at all hours.

This is good stuff, folks! Very good stuff!

6 comments:

Christina Lee said...

I could see how that happens!YEAH!!! good for you!

Kaitlin Ward said...

Yay! Glad you're writing again :)

Kristan said...

Lol. Congrats on making up! I hope there's lots of kissing involved.

Michelle said...

I've seen the submission process compared with dating, but this is the first time I've considered the writing process like dating. Hope you and your WIP will be very happy together!

Lisa Nowak said...

That's awesome!

I'm working on a second draft right now, and it's giving me some anxiety. Each step along the way I think, when I just get this part done, it'll be easier. I doubt it ever will be, but I guess I need to tell myself that to keep going. :)

Anabel said...

Rachele,

Go read Nathan's post from yesterday (if you haven't done so already). You'll see that insecurity when writing apparently is a good thing ;)

So happy for you that you got back together. I'm also undergoing a separation, mine has been going for quite a while *sigh*.