Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Room of My Own

There was a family vacation that I remember vividly. A whole bunch of my relatives rented some condos at Crystal Mountain, a ski and golf resort in Michigan, and stayed for a week. It was a wonderful place, and I started thinking about it the other night.


I thought it would be a great place for a writer's retreat, a place to go for a week or so and write. A writer's vacation.

Until I found this and wanted to just move there...

A condo for sale nestled at the bottom of the mountains in the resort. How amazing it it!?

Can't you just imagine yourself writing in here?

Drinking tea and revising in this kitchen?

Curling up on this porch and reading over your manuscript?

Going to sleep here and plotting ideas for the next day?


I am insanely jealous of Laurie Halse Anderson's writing cottage in the woods behind her house.



How amazing would it be to have a place like this to go to and write everyday? Laurie's writing cottage is incredible!


The condo at Crystal Mountain is just a dream and I can't imagine building something like Anderson's writing cottage, but I may be getting closer to a writer's retreat than I think.

My Main Squeeze and I have been house shopping. This weekend we'll be looking at a house on a large wooded lot. It's not anything like the spaces above, but the house has an additional garage that is heated, has electricity and is wired for Internet. I could make this little writer's retreat cute, right?
It also has an outdoor porch with a fireplace.

I think this house was made for a writer...let's hope we like the rest of it!

5 comments:

Kristan said...

WHAT a cute space!! The one you're looking at, I mean. (The condo is cute too, but not the point. :P)

I soooo can't wait to find a house with my bf (although it's still a few years off) and create a writing space for myself. I don't think it's something writers *need*, but I think it helps.

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

I <3 that rose window!

Amy Lukavics said...

I WANT TO LIVE THERE!!! SKFJKJ:SDLJSL

Audrey Webb said...

Yeah, those Adirondack chairs and the fireplace look PERFECT!

Lisa Nowak said...

Ooh, I hope it all works out. I have an office above our garage. It's a nice place to write.