Friday, March 5, 2010

Reading in a Snuggie

I flew through two books this past week. I just got an order of new ones from Amazon, and I have a feeling that I'll be up late reading the next few nights. I love when I have a stack of good books to read!

Book Number Eight:
The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) 284 pages
I already raved about this book, but I'll rave about it again. I can't believe it took me so long to pick it up and read. I devoured the book (ha, ha, do you get the lame pun?). I think I'm going to save Catching Fire for my Florida trip, but I'm not sure I'll be able to hold out!


Book Number Nine:
Beautiful (Amy Reed) 240 pages
This was a heartbreakingly beautiful book. I always have a soft spot for YA writers who have a MFA, because I am one. Amy Reed crafted a novel that is at times tough to read. It reminds me a lot of the movie Thirteen. I think what made this book so tragic was that they heroine wasn't even in high school, so her downward spiral into drugs, drinking and sex has an even stronger impact on how it can destroy a person.

And how much do you love this cover? It's AMAZING!

I'm not sure what my next book is going to be, but I do know that I'll be reading it in style.

Why?

Because I'm going to Cavs Snuggie night! The Cleveland Cavaliers are planning to break the world record for the most people wearing snuggies at the same time. I can't even handle how funny this is going to be.

Seriously, you'll all be jealous of my Guinness Book of World Records certificate that I'll be receiving for helping break this record tonight!

Only in Cleveland can you do something as crazy as this!


Happy Friday, everyone!

7 comments:

Kaitlin Ward said...

Snuggies are the best thing ever invented.
LOVE The Hunger Games. Beautiful is on my to-read list.

Kristan said...

LOL OMFG that's HILARIOUS. I SO want to see LeBron in a Snuggie! PLEASE take pics!

Also, don't wait for CATCHING FIRE, hahaha. Well... O-K, I guess you could wait, since you'll have to wait for MOCKINGJAY anyway. (It's torture.) But I bought CF the day after reading HG and read it right away. SO GOOD. I wish I wrote like Suzanne Collins. Or even half as good, haha.

Christina Lee said...

I love that they have a Cavs snuggie night--too funny! Have fun, girl! I don't know if you'll be able to wait to read Catching Fire--I couldn't, I immediately went out and bought it! :)

Mina Carlisle said...

Have fun at Snuggie night! That sounds like a blast. Once again, The Hunger Games is so amazing! And I am going to have to add Beautiful to my list of books to read when I find time to read books for fun again! The cover is just amazing too. I love covers like that!

Audrey Webb said...

Saw the game on TV. That was freaky seeing so many people in Snuggies. A couple of sticks-in-the-mud in the crowd wouldn't put theirs on!

Do you know about paperbackswap.com?

Lisa and Laura said...

OMG, the Cavs snuggie is awesome. And I have to read Beautiful! I've heard so many good things about that book.

Emilia Plater said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU HAVE MOVED TO THE DARK SIDE. I mean, the Snuggie side. Oh well... I'll still love ya. :D

I really need to pick up Beautiful. It sounds fantastic!