Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monday Morning Randomness

First...thanks for all the great comments about commenting! It looks like the best place to reply to all of you is in my comment section, so that's where I'll be writing back. Make sure to visit once in awhile if you post something to me.

This weekend I spent a bit of time deciding exactly what books to bring to Florida (5 days and counting!). I decided to pack five, because my annual trip to Florida involved pretty much nothing but laying next to the pool or on the beach and reading. I also plan to stop whatever I'm reading next Tuesday when I run out and buy Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Uhm...are you as excited for it as I am? Seriously, I'm bouncing up and down right now thinking about it.

Here's the books I decided on. They're all obscure titles but come highly recommended from different places (and a few are from publishing houses where editors have my book).


I'm racing through Before I Fall so I have it done before I go. It's not hard to get through it fast, though, because it's awesome. Seriously. Go buy it now and READ IT! I think the best part is that it's long. I love getting into a good book that you don't finish in a few days. I like to spend some time with my books.



And how about this rocking bookmark my cousin's four year old son, Everett, made?

You can tell I'm a reader because my main squeeze and I looked at a house today that we're thinking of putting a bid on. I made him go into the library so I could check it out. Don't you know how important it is to have a good library near your house? This one is a block away from the house...a dream come true.

In other news...you can tell I only have four more days until Spring Break. I'm getting giddy and busting out the red glitter nail polish. I'm super conservative when it comes to stuff like nail polish, make-up, clothes or jewelry during the school year (my students notice everything), but I wanted something fun. I've been writing a lot lately, and I love how sparkly my nails are now when I type.


I hope your week is starting with something as great as sparkly nail polish! :)

6 comments:

Christina Lee said...

yeah fior sparklies!! I am reading that book right now too!

Anabel said...

Enjoy your Spring Break! Teachers deserve it (and students too if you ask me, lol).

Before you go I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger award (I'm sure you've been nominated already but you're getting another one). If you haven't seen the award, just go to my blog. I enjoy reading your blog a lot.

Rachele Alpine said...

Christina...do you like the book? I can't put it down. At first I didn't think I'd like her repeating the day over and over again, but I love how the author is playing with her choices and different ways she acts.

Anabel...thanks so much for the award! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog! :)

Lisa Nowak said...

I lived a few blocks from a library many years ago, and I loved it. I walked there all the time on nice days.

Mina Carlisle said...

Hooray for sparkly nail polish! One thing I love about high schoolers is how attentive they are. I went a while without wearing nail polish during my Student Teaching this semester and the wore bright blue sparkly nail polish and all the girls told me how fabulous it was because they thought I was boring!

All those books look wonderful. I am supremely jealous of all your fun reading for Florida!

Lisa and Laura said...

LOVE the nails. And just started BEFORE I FALL. Holy crap. What a book.