Monday, March 8, 2010

The Library Cougar

Remember when I shared my diary?

Especially some of those great questions I created before my first boy/girl party? Apparently, I was nervous about someone turning off the lights at the boy girl party.


Well, I found a good entry to share with you today. It's full of adolescent angst and the trauma of "loving" someone who is younger than you...and someone you met at the library!

"If only I was born 1 year later my life would be the best. I met a boy named Jason -. He's so cute! Right when I saw him I knew I liked him. I never did believe in love at first sight but now I do. I know he likes me too but theres one big problem. He's going into 5th grade and I'm going into 6th grade. See I first met him at the Rad (read and discussion) club at the library. Every once in a-while he'd smile at me or I'd smile at him...."

I'm not sure what's more funny, that I fell in love "at first sight" at the library or that I believed I sketched a realistic picture of this boy:

Uhm, seriously?

I was in love with Ronald McDonald!

Nothing like robbing the cradle at the library! I was a cougar at the ripe old age of eleven!

6 comments:

Kristan said...

HMMMMM. I had a crush on a red-headed Jason too... {eyes Rachele wearily} I'm not sure what this means, but it must mean something!

V.M.Pettingill said...

LOVE this!! LOL

I'm also hit by the realization that my handwriting is that of a 6th grader! hehe

Lisa Nowak said...

Ah, you crack me up, Rachele!

Amy Lukavics said...

Hahahahahahahah Rachele holy crap I freaking love these journal peeks. I smiled hardcore at "I never did believe in love at first sight but now I do." So cute!

Mina Carlisle said...

I'm sure a girl could do a lot worse than Ronald McDonald. Just think- he could get you free McNuggets for life!

Otherwise, this is adorable. I love that you share your eleven year old self's journal with us. I wish my 21 year old self had journals this precious.

Alexa said...

I could definitely find a similar entry in my diary if I looked right now. And for a 6th grade, that drawing is pretty good =D.