Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I May Be Plotting To Take Over The World And You Wouldn't Even Know It

If you've been following my blog, you know that I like to knit. My mom taught me when I was younger and it's a great way to get rid of my stress.

I knit while I watch TV. I'm usually on the couch and my Main Squeeze sits on our chair. We're about five feet away from each other (remember this fact, it will be important in a minute).

This year I've knitted a lot of little projects like baby blankets...

Scarves...
Hats...
Socks...
Writer's Gloves...However, I also worked on a big project.

This lounge hoodie I just finished...

I put it on the other day to show my Main Squeeze.

Do you want to know what he said?

"When did you make that?"

Seriously?

Remember how I said we sit and watch TV on the couch and the chair...which are only FIVE FEET away from each other?

He really missed me knitting for months to make a sweater THIS BIG?!


A sweater so big that I have to bend down to button it!



It's nice to know that I can plot to take over the world with my Main Squeeze sitting next to me. If he didn't notice me knitting a sweater this big, my plot for world domination will most likely go unnoticed by him!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

That is hilarious! It's happened to me, too, but I usually show my husband my progress as I go. "Look! It's starting to look like a SLEEVE!"

I'm an in-front-of-the-tv knitter too.

Kristan said...

LOL! Wow, I can't believe he missed that. Too funny. I'm not sure the rest of the world is that oblivious, though.

(Also, I TOTALLY need to get my friend to knit me some writer's gloves, since I didn't win yours. There's a shiny spot forming on my keyboard where I rest my right palm! And also it's just gentler on the wrists to have cloth between them and the edge of the laptop.)

allerson said...

I've always wanted to knit my own socks! But so far I've only made three washcloths - and one I made with such small size needles, it was Post-It sized, hah!

Pretty Knitty said...

LOL - glad to know my man's not the only one oblivious to the knitting. . .unless I am using the GIANT metal needles and novelty yarns. . .even he cannot ignore THAT! lol!

Amanda Elizabeth said...

The was my favorite comment ever by him! Read thsi quote today and thought of you-A home without books is like a body with no soul. xoxo

Rachele Alpine said...

Kristan...If you can't get your friend to get you to knit some writer's gloves, my mom and I are planning to put a bunch of our pairs on etsy. Let me know if you're interested in seeing the ones we have (or having me make you a custom color!).

Rachele Alpine said...

Allerson...I knit washcloths a lot. I give them as gifts in stacks of three with a fun soap to go with it. I love them!

Lisa Nowak said...

I think your husband and my husband oughta get together for a beer. Or maybe they could start a band. "Mr. Oblivious". Except the distance between Oregon and Ohio might be a problem. :)

I'm totally impressed with that hoody. It must've taken forever to make.

Jeannine said...

Oh, poor J....he was probably just blocking out the memory of waiting for you while you were in the yarn store FOR HOURS picking out the yarn for the sweater!!!

Roxie said...

rockin' hoodie! Knitting, to many of our dear ones, is a process, not a project. They have similar disconnects between the time you spend in the garden and those glorious ripe tomatoes.