Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blog Vacation Packing...

I may have mentioned once or twice that I'm going to Florida in a few days...woo-hoo! I'm already about halfway packed. I've been packing for about three weeks now (like I said, I'm excited).

Now, I need to do some blog packing. As in, preparing blogs for next week when I'm gone This is a Macbook free vacation, I'm just taking my writing journal. We'll have a computer, but I don't plan to do writing. However, I'm sure I'll be checking it a few times a day just in case someone decides to buy my book (ugh, this waiting, the waiting...).

What this means is that I need to prepare stuff now to post while I'm away. Here is where you come in. I'm looking for two things from my audience:

1) Questions
Send me any questions you have that you'd like me to answer (or try to answer). This can be anything from questions about writing, finding an agent, submitting, MFA programs, teaching English to teenagers or anything about my life. I'm not shy...ask away!

2) Guest blog posts
I'd love to feature some of you on my site. I get a lot of traffic because my students (teens!) read these postings. If you have a blog that you'd like to share with me, send it my way. I'll try to post some while I'm away and link to your site (more traffic for you).

You can post your questions in my comment section or e-mail them directly to me. You can e-mail your guest blog entries to me at (rachelealpine@gmail.com). If I choose your blog, I'll notify you ahead of time. If I get a lot of them, I may save some for a later date.

Please share or ask questions, I'd love to feature some new voices or ideas on my blog! Thanks in advance!

Send these no later than Friday at 10:00 p.m.

2 comments:

Kristan said...

Hmm, questions...

- What's your favorite part of the writing process?
- How will you celebrate your book deal?
- How are you going to survive without your Macbook?!
- How did you and your sig other meet?
- Does your sig other write? Is he a helpful crit partner?
- Did you tell your students about your writing? How? What do they think?

Also, I think your word verification is suggesting a new character name: Ashli

Matthew Rush said...

Hi Rachele, I found your blog after seeing your post on Nathan Brandford's forums, so I thought I would stop by, comment and follow. Please feel free to visit mine and do the same.

I'm pretty new to blogging but am pretty good at the networking side so I would love to guest blog for you or vice versa. I am beginning my own guest blogging series starting this Friday so be sure to check that out as well.

In fact visit my blog on Friday morning for an example and let me know if you are interested in doing something similar (posting an actual query that got an agent to request your MS) or if you would like me to post something for you.