Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sister's Say the Darndest Things...

So my mom's work place is having a contest where if you finish this Sunday's NYTimes crossword puzzle and submit it, you will be entered to win a Kindle.

Uhm, yeah...sign me up!

My sister, mom and I spent the last three nights working on the puzzle, talking over the phone and eventually finishing it...woo-hoo!

We were celebrating finishing the crossword puzzle last night (don't laugh that it took three of us to complete it!), and I started to imagine how great life would be if we won the Kindle.

This is how the conversation went...

My sister (who is awesome and amazing, by the way) asked, "Why are you so excited to win a heater?"

"A what?" I asked confused.

"A space heater. Why do you want a Kindle so bad?"

I could hear my mom laughing in the background and it turns out that my sister thought a Kindle was some kind of heater!

We all started cracking up and I was kind of proud of my sister for putting so much effort into finishing something to win what she thought was a space heater. But maybe that says something about the heat in her house???

My family is the best, and I can always count on them for a good laugh (although I must admit that I'm often the one being laughed at! ).

I told my sister if we win the Kindle, I'll buy her a space heater in return for the Kindle!

Also...don't forget about my contest. You have a little less than a week to enter. Any comment, tweet, Facebook/blog mention gets you points! CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT IT!

6 comments:

Kristan said...

LOL! That is too cute and funny. And totally something I would do, hahaha.

Kendra S-L said...

I love your sister. The heat is totally already on for her, in my opinion.

Tara McClendon said...

Fun! At least she chipped in with her brain cells. Good luck winning the kindle.

AchingHope said...

Ahahahaha... That is amazing. lol. That would be a good name for a spcae heater though, "The Kindler"

Anabel said...

LOL, this really cracked me up. It's sweet that she pitched in to help you win a heater (assuming you guys already decided who's getting the prize).

Mina Carlisle said...

Sisters are adorable. I hope you win the Kindle. They are awesome even if I don't think they will ever replace paper books!