Friday, February 12, 2010

My First Blogging Award!


Breaking news, folks...I've been awarded the Sunshine Award from the Slushbusters! Woo-hoo! How great it is to know that someone enjoys my blog.



Now, I must share the love with ten other blogs that I enjoy. I've decided to nominate writing blogs that (like mine) are still growing. A lot of these writers have books coming out (or are on submission), and I can't wait to read them. If you haven't checked any of these blogs out, please do so. They all offer great information that keeps me coming back again and again.

My Choices (in no particular order):

The Insanity of Writerhood (She's only 18 and her super awesome book is coming out this Fall)

Punk Writer Kid (Emilia's book sounds so good, I can't wait for her to start querying agents so we can get this book into the stores!)

Lisa and Laura Write (Uhm, can I just say that I look forward to these two sister's posts every day? They love reality TV, live only a short drive away from me and crack me up on a daily basis)

Wandergirl (I love to travel, but I haven't been able to do a lot of it lately. However, Kirsten goes on some amazing adventures and writes about it on her blog. She has some great thoughts about YA literature, and her book sounds amazing!)

YA Highway (This is a collective blog, but a lot of the girls are my writing buddies. They have some great advice/ideas for writers)

Invincible Summer (Hannah's blunt, honest and a genius at dishing writing advice! I love her writing and my students can't get enough of her book Break)

Kristan Hoffman (Kristan is a fellow Kenyon Review Writers Workshop participant. She mixes writing and life on her blog)

Kiersten Writers (Kiersten is super cute and her first book is going to be a great paranormal book that I don't think I'll be able to put down. She blogs every day, so you can always find something new)

Speak Coffee to Me (Eileen is another fellow Kenyon Review Writers Workshop participant. She's also a MFA student, so I love to read her thoughts on going through a MFA program)

My Sphere of Domesticity (Kate's blog is full of writing goodies and a lot of other cool stuff...check it out, but you may spend a bit of time looking through it!)

Okay, here are the rules for those of you I nominated if you want to accept:

Put the logo on your blog in your post.
Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
Link the nominees within your post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.


Thanks for the award!

Check back on Monday because I'm going to pay it forward with a contest of my own (with prizes!!!!).

6 comments:

Kristan said...

Aw, thanks so much, Rachele! I wish we'd really known each other at the KRWW... But hey, that's what great about the internet, right? Making connections from afar. :)

Well deserved award, and I appreciate getting it in return!

Lisa and Laura said...

Thank you so much for the award! One of these days we're going to drag you into our crazy Twilight viewing, Bravo watching madness. You know that, right?

Lisa Nowak said...

What a great list of blogs. I'm looking forward to checking them all out. Congrats on your award!

Emilia Joyce Plater said...

Thanks a million, Rachele. <33 I can't wait for the contest!

Kate Hart said...

Aw, I just saw this! Thanks Rachelle!

Kirsten Hubbard said...

Thanks, Rachele! Also for YA Highway's -- I added the award to our blog :)

Also, best of luck with your submissions. Savor it, these are exciting times!