Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear Diary...The Elementary Years

I always loved to write, even from an early age. My mom has a picture I drew in first grade that says "When I grow up I want to be a writer." I'm standing at a table surrounding by books with my name on the cover.

I started writing when I was young. I still remember scribbling in notebooks when I was four or five pretending I was writing.

My skills didn't really pick up until I got the infamous teddy bear diary. If you are in my family or are a friend, you may have heard the legends of what lies inside. Believe me, readers, you're about to get a glimpse into genius...comic genius, that is!

Here is it...the infamous teddy bear journal...

Wait... something looks wrong with it, right?

Yep, your eyes are deceiving you. The lock has been cut off and stapled/taped back together. My sister broke in and thought I wouldn't notice when she pieced it back together!

Seriously? Someone wouldn't notice this?

I thought it would be cool to write notes to my future children in the journal. The first thing I did was let myself know that it was okay to pass this on when I thought my kids were old enough. I guess I had an age and then I used white out and decided my kids could read the journal when "the time was right." I was so kind back then, giving my future self permission to share my writing!

One of my entries is before my first ever boy girl party. I have over ten pages of questions/worries that I had before going to the party (it looks like I was twelve by the date). After the party, I went back and filled in the answers. Some of them are so funny...you can't stop laughing about what worried my twelve year old self!

Here I am hoping that the party goes okay and philosophizing on the changes in my life (ha!)...

Here are some of the questions I wrote before the party...good thing I didn't fart! I was such a dork!

I also have a bunch of stories in the journal too. Here's the title page for a story about summer camp...
The writing might not have been good, but the content is priceless! Stay tuned these next few weeks...this diary isn't going anywhere, I believe it's my duty to share the laughs with the world!

And...don't forget my contest...you have two more days to follow me, comment and spread the word to get points! ENTER NOW!

6 comments:

Kristan said...

HAHAHA "WILL I FART?"!!! Oh man, you are so much braver than I am. Thanks for sharing the laughs!

Christina Lee said...

LOL!!! That is sooo awesome!
Hey fellow Clevelander, first time here, saw you on LiLa's blog! the friend you mentioned who does the etch-a-sketch art? I think I wrote about him once in an article (I have a column for the Sun News). I am going to try to catch him this AM!

Rachele Alpine said...

Kristan....
The sad thing is...that's not the worst of the questons I asked! Perhaps I'll share more in the weeks to come!

Rachele Alpine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Lukavics said...

That. Was. HILARIOUS. My favorites were 'Will I fart?' and 'Will I eat too much?' priceless.

You've totally inspired me to dig through the boxes and find my old diaries.

Lisa Nowak said...

Farts in middle school are devastating! No wonder you feared them. It's hard to live down a public fart at that age.