Friday, February 26, 2010

Blogging In My Pajamas

This post is a little later than usual because I didn't wake up until almost ten! We have a snow day!


It's a white out outside and I'm still in my pajamas!

Snow days are my favorite because I can lounge around and b
e lazy without feeling guilty. A snow day on a Thursday also means a three day weekend and the chance to watch my favorite reality show (okay, who am I kidding...I have about a million favorite reality shows!):




I should be fed up with the snow by now, but it doesn't bother me too much because four weeks from tomorrow my main squeeze, mom and I will be leaving for nine (yes, nine!) glorious days in Florida! I CAN'T WAIT!


We'll be staying with my Aunt in the house that I've been visiting for thirty-one years now...

Look how cute the front door is. When we were little,
tree frogs would stick to the windows at night and it sound like they were singing...



Here is the pool. Our schedule in Florida is simple...
1) Sleep in
2) Lay out by the pool reading and knitting
3) Jump in the pool when it gets too hot
4) Shower
5) Go to dinner
6) Watch TV or sit outside by the pool or in the hot tub and listen to the night sounds.


Ahhh....this is the life!




Here's the view from the side of the causeway on the way to the beach...



Last year we discovered a botanical garden nearby (posing with my mom)...


I recreate "The Christmas Story" with a prickly plant!...



We always take a trip to our favorite restaurant Benihana. We've been going to the same one since I was a baby. It's on the water. Here I am in their outdoor garden with my Aunt...

We try to make it to a Spring Training game. This is from two years ago when the Indians were still in Florida. They were playing the Yankees and I made my main squeeze sit with me on the Yankees side so I could be near my crush Johnny Damon! I also ran into two students at this game if you can believe it!

We search for alligators. This is a bridge right down the street from my Aunt's house...yikes!

And here I am pretending I see one of the gators who live under the bridge (uhm...why would we get out of the car to even look?).


So let it snow, I don't care...I have a snow day and will be in the sun very soon! I hope the rest of you stay warm!

P.S. Am I nuts to also like all this snow because New York's been hitting with it. In my mind I imagine the editors with my book holed up at home reading. Here's my secret equation:

New York + Tons of Snow = Editors staying inside and reading my book!

13 comments:

Christina Lee said...

haha here's why I'm laughing...as a teacher, I loved snow days (but cleveland gave very few of them). As a parent, esp. one who works from home, I CURSE them (but also b/c the boy has been sick for the last two days, HOME from school). So today, for example, I am sneaking in any time I can to write and be on the computer. SIGH...

Oh and WE are going to FL too in one week!! woo hoo---that built in pool area looks so much like my in-laws--too wierd!!

Hey, have a good weekend!

Melissa said...

Ohhhh heck haha I moved to Utah for snow and haven't had any since I did so. I'm going to have to head back East! :)

Kristan said...

HAHAHA to the last line. I sure hope so!

Your Florida trip looks awesome!!! And I looove your aunt's house (at least what I can see of it). Too cute!

margosita said...

I watch the Real Housewives of Orange County, too. I don't watch it regularly, but then inevietably I'll turn it on one of those times they are playing the whole season back to back and I'll lose the whole day to it.

Enjoy the snow day!

Lisa Nowak said...

Wow, sounds like a fantastic vacation! Hope you have a great time.

Tina said...

Sigh....I want to go back down there!

Brooke said...

no snow here in SoCal, but we're having a pj day, too.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I hope they're reading your book!
Have fun in Florida. Your pictures make me want to go visit my grandparents ASAP.

Marilyn Almodovar said...

I'm so very jealous. My parents and family are all in Florida. *sulks* I havent been home in almost 8 years, since I'm in Europe.

I wish you an awesome trip and hope you get to hear soon from the editors!!

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

the picture of that house totally reminds me of the set of Golden Girls/Empty Nest!

Emilia Plater said...

That pool is AMAZING. It makes me want to cry. Also, you are so cute. :D

Amy Lukavics said...

That was an amazing post! I love that front door, seriously.

<3

Andrea said...

This is my first time visiting your blog so here's a quick dose of affirmation: Love it!

My husband and I go to FL every spring and our schedule is pretty similar. Wake up and get coffee, lay out reading, pool, shower, dinner, call it a glorious day!