Thursday, January 21, 2010

I'm All Professional Now!

When I met fellow MFA student and blogger Eileen this summer at The Kenyon Review Writing Workshop, she gave me one of her business cards. I loved it! It was a slick and little, about half the size of a regular business card. I had to get myself some writer cards of my own. They arrived yesterday, what do you think?

These are my more "professional" ones. I saw professional lightly, because they are still a little wild.
And these are my fun ones...

More fun cards...
And who wouldn't want a business card with a unicorn throwing up a rainbow!? Something tells me this one will be passed out to people I know. I can't see myself handing this to a stranger as a way to represent myself!

The cards have the designs on one side and then my information on the other. My information is the same, but I ordered 100 cards with about 20 different designs. I love being a writer and being able to buy fun business cards like these. My business cards for teaching are a lot more professional (no unicorns there!).


Also....I finished two more books and they were both amazing!

Book Number Three:

The Secret Year (Jennifer Hubbard) 192 pages

Book Number Four:

Some Girls Are (Courtney Summers) 256 pages

I have to admit that I'm addicted to Courtney Summers. I've never read books as fast as I read hers. I feel like I'm stepping onto a roller coaster when I start the book, and I can't put them down. She pulls me along for a wild ride. She's only written two books, but she just signed a two book deal. Yay!

4 comments:

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

I *love* these business cards :) Mine have made me very happy. I have photo tributes to them as well: http://speakcoffeetome.blogspot.com/2008/07/business-cards.html

beyondtourism said...

I love the unicorn throwing up a rainbow. For some reason it made think of the Skittles maybe it's due to their tagline taste the rainbow.

I'll have to look out for fun business cards if I ever decide to get any.

kendra! said...

I purchased MooCards for my calligraphy business and have so much fun with them, too! I sometimes use them as gift tags when I don't have anything else. Voila! Magnifique!

AchingHope said...

Oh my goodness these are adorable! I'll have to get me some of these some day.

And the unicorn one? Sweet muffins, if I ever have the pleasure of meetings you one day I would LOVE to get a unicorn throwing up a rainbow business card. Amazing.