Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Have You Created a Wordle of Your Writing?

There is a great website where you can make visual word art from you writing (www.wordle.net). All you have to do is enter your writing (and you can enter your enter book, which I did, all 343 pages of it!) and hit submit. It comes up with word art that you can play around with by changing the color, size, font, direction of the words and shape of the words. It's pretty cool.

Here's my word art for the entire book (click on the image to view it larger)...


And here is the one I created only out of Kate's (my main character) blog entry...


It's pretty cool to see that some of the most important, ideas and themes in my book come up as major words.

Wordle your work and see what you can come up with!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the Wordle for seeing themes in my writing. I haven't figured out how to copy and paste it into another document, though.

Brooke said...

I just made one for my current first draft... 384 pages worth. I never thought to create one for my novels, so thanks :)

Rachele Alpine said...

Michelle...

You have to take a screen shot of it and then edit by cutting out what you want. I think it's the only way you can do it. E-mail me if you want better instructions than this!

Brooke...

I wasn't sure you could wordle your book, so I was excited when I saw that you could. It's pretty cool to see what it pulls out of the entire book.

Rachele

Lisa and Laura said...

We love doing these! They are pretty and they help us see which words we totally overuse.

AchingHope said...

Ooh... This is really neat! :)

Brooke said...

Michelle, I am on a mac so I can print to pdf... I am not sure if you can do that on a pc if you're using one, though.