Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Book Number 3

This will be short and sweet. I finished my third book, Marcelo in the Real World (Francisco Stork, 320 pages). I loved this book! It was one of those books where I carried it around in my purse, slipped it into my bookbag and tried to read it whenever I got the chance. It's a beautiful story, and like I said before, I love the cover of the book.

Now, I'm on to a book I have been saving for awhile. I'm working my way through River of Heaven by Lee Martin. I worked with Lee this past summer at The Kenyon Review Writers Workshop, and have nothing but great things to say about his advice for my writing and his own writing. His Pulitzer Prize nominated book The Bright Forever in on my list of top ten favorite books. I've been saving this book simply because I didn't want to finish his novels. Is that weird? Do you ever save books? I know I've talked about slowing down at the endings of books, but now you know that I also save books. Hmmm...I have strange reading habits!

1 comment:

Jill Wheeler said...

I saved Catching Fire because I wanted to read it when I was on maternity leave. Well worth the wait! I will have to check out Marcelo. See you on AW!