Monday, December 14, 2009

What Were You Doing This Weekend?


I had a busy busy weekend. The type of weekend were you are doing so much that you don't even feel like you had a weekend.

What did I do? Well....

I continued my quest to find a house (this Saturday we only went through six houses, which was a lot more manageable than the twelve our agent had us through last Saturday), I worked on my manuscript revisions (a snow day this week would be glorious, so I could spend a whole day on it), went to a fancy swanky Christmas party downtown, and saw the Cleveland Orchestra's Christmas show followed by a glorious meal in Little Italy.

Whew! What a weekend!

But that's not all. I did one more thing. One more awesome thing....

I got to hear Jay Asher talk at Joseph Beth Booksellers Friday night!

He talked for a little bit, took questions and then signed books. I went all shy fan girl on him and just slipped him my book, saying nothing but my name. Seriously, what was that all about?

Regardless of how lame I was, it was still cool to hear him speak and get a signed book. It made newly agented me excited to hear someone talk about how he got started writing Thirteen Reasons Why. He was once in the same position I was, about to sub his book. And maybe one day my book will hang out near his...you know, us "A's" have to stick together...nothing like being at the start of the alphabet!

So what about you? What author would you want to meet?

5 comments:

Kristan said...

I'd LOVE to go see/meet Amy Tan! She's one of my faves -- all her books (except Saving Fish from Drowning) really speak to me and my personal experience/relationships.

But I make it a point to see as many authors as I can when they come speak at area bookstores and libraries. It's one of my favorite things to do, makes me feel like I'm part of a literary love fest or something, hehehe.

Melissa said...

I'd love, love, love to meet Jeanette Walls, but then again, I'd also like to meet Brian Jacques, Lauren Myracle, and a thousand others. As an aspiring author, I have so much admiration for the authors of all the novels I love :)

Lisa and Laura said...

AHH! How did we miss this!?!?! Was he at the JB in Legacy? I'm so mad I wasn't able to go!

Rachele Alpine said...

Lisa and Laura...

I found out only two days before...there was a little blurb on this site I check about author visits. I was so excited when I saw that he was coming (and even more excited when I talked my boyfriend into coming and getting StirCrazy after...yum!!!).

AchingHope said...

Oooh... I don't know, so many! Probably Carrie Jones, just because I follow her blog and I find her hilarious. But I would also like to meet Melissa Marr and others.

What website to you use to find author signings? Cause I'd love to start finding ones I can go to...