Friday, December 4, 2009

The First Post as an Agented Writer!


I have wanted a MacBook for so long, but I've resisted the urge to buy one for a few years. I have a perfectly good desktop computer and a work laptop. I didn't need a Mac, but oh how much I wanted a Mac.

I made myself a deal...I would buy a Mac when I got an agent for my YA novel CANARY.

Well, guess what????

I have a Mac...which means...


I have an agent!

I'm represented by Lina Sion from Global Literary Management...woo-hoo!

Here's to some wonderful revisions on my new Mac that will hopefully help my book sell when we start subbing to editors in January!

7 comments:

Lisa and Laura said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Hannah said...

Yay, yay, yay!! :D

Amna said...

YAY! Congratz :)

OOOO, nice, new Mac!

Shannon Messenger said...

Hi! I just found your blog and had to say congratulations! I'm not sure which I'm more jealous of, the new mac or the agent. It's a toss up. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. Hope you don't mind that I'm following your blog now. I love being part of a blog from the beginning. :)

Brad said...

very cool! congrats rachele, that in itself is a huge accomplishment. good luck, and welcome to the wonderful world of mac :)

Kristan said...

CONGRATS! On both the agent and the Mac, lol.

Lisa said...

Hi Rachele...remember teaching with me in Costa Rica? Love your blog and congrats to you! I am a follower of you now...that sounds creepy for some reason. Pura Vida!! Lisa