Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CONTEST TIME! Win Some Writer's Gloves!


I’m the type of person who cannot sit still. This is good for a writer, because my mind is constantly going and plotting and coming up with ideas. I even think about book ideas when I’m trying to get to sleep. I always have some kind of paper and a pen near me so I can jot down ideas (even if I can’t figure out all my thoughts when I go back to look at them later!).

My family and boyfriend always tell me to relax and just lay around, but I can’t. I need to be doing something, especially when I’m watching TV or a movie. Since it’s difficult to write while watching TV, I have a secret habit. It’s a dorky habit. You m

ay laugh when I reveal it.

Promise you won’t laugh?

Are you sure?

Okay, here goes….

I love to knit!

Stop laughing! I know you are! But you’re only laughing because you’ve never tried it. It’s very addictive, and is an awesome way to get some stress out (the repetition of the needles always seem to calm my nerves). My mom taught me a few years ago. She’s an amazing knitter, she can make sweaters and do all this crazy fancy stitch work that I can’t do. I’ve made a few sweaters, but I like wintery outdoor items more. Things like socks, hats, gloves, scarves, and the totally awesome fingerless gloves that I gave all my coworkers for Christmas. These gloves are my favorite project, because I can knit and read at the same time (okay, you’re laughing again!). They are awesome because you can wear them when you’re writing and your hands stay warm.

Take a look…


I made them all year long and stock piled a huge collection. My mom and I had planned to sell them on Etsy, but we never got around to setting up an account. Our procrastination is good for you, because I’m having my very first contest! Woo-hoo! You can have a chance to win some super marvelous writing gloves that I made!

The contest is simple…here’s how you get points:

1 entry slip for each comment you make from now until the end of the contest

2 entry slips if you’re following my

blog or start following it

3 entry slips if someone new to my blog posts in the comments that you told them about the site and they’re reading it because of you

5 entry slips for each time you Tweet about my contest, post the information on your blog, FaceBook or MySpace.

*Please post a link in my comments each time you spread the word, so I can give you the 5 entry slips!

So spread the word! I’ll put all these entries in a hat

and draw he winner on January 1, 2010…what a way to start the new year!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachele! Absolutely love the fingerless gloves. I also knit, but am not as crafty as you. I have only mastered the art of scarf making. I hope to win a pair. - Kim Beach

Michelle said...

Knitting is so not dorky! At least half the Slushbusters are active knitters. And if my knit night group is any indication, fingerless gloves are super popular this year!

Teresa said...

Alrighty! Bring on the fingerless gloves! I'm now a faithful follower and found out about your blog because my fabulous sister-in-law (Tina Reynolds) posted it on Facebook. :) Wait...I don't get disqualified because she's your cousin, do I?

Kristan said...

Well, I think knitting is dorky, but in a popular accepted way. :D (i.e., it's a good thing.) Also, your writer's gloves look AWESOME!

Well this a comment, and I'm a follower, so that's two... I'll have to see about getting some more. ;)

Regardless of the outcome, thanks for the contest!!

zxcvbnm said...

They look nice - and they would go perfectly well with the bedsocks a lady I just et promised to knit me, this morning!

Melissa said...

These are so great! I would never make fun of these gems :)

I posted about your contest on my blog (+5)
http://iswimforoceans.blogspot.com/2009/12/merry-christmas-eve.html

And, I'm a follower, so that's +1, I guess!

throuthehaze said...

I love the gloves!

I am now a follower

~Raelena

E.J. Stevens said...

Those are gorgeous! I crochet and although I make loads of scarves I haven't mastered arm warmers/fingerless gloves yet.

Kara said...

Thoae are some cool gloves. :)

knitgurl said...

I've written a screenplay and am working on a historical fiction novel AND love to knit. Maybe writers are supposed to knit? Or knitters are supposed to write... I love winning things too, so here's hoping!

-Lizzie

littlemissattitude said...

Beautiful fingerless mitts.

But knitters aren't dorks...we're geeks. And proud of it. Which is why, I figure, that I ended up a knitter, since I was raised to be a geek.

I'm a writer, too, by the way, as well as a knitter.

Elaine

Manuel Royal said...

Very nice gloves! Like monks used to wear. Of course, I write on a computer in a warm apartment, instead of with a quill in a cold abbey, but they're still nice.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Cute gloves!
I actually like to crochet while I'm watching tv--then I feel like I'm not completely wasting my time :)

Raven said...

Ooh these are some really cute gloves.

I commented and I'm already a follower, so I guess that's 2 entries.

AchingHope said...

Sweet! I totally should start knitting or crochetting, because I can't stand staying still either. How you manage to knit and read at the same time, however, I can't imagine.

Oh! BTW, I'm not some creepy stalker person, I was reading Nathan Bransford's blog and I saw your name and I clicked on it. Okay. That does make me sound stalkerish. But I'm a writer too and I'm going to stop talking now, because I'm being ridiculous.

heidzilla said...

OH those are darling AND would be perfect to use with an iPhone! Pick me pick me! :-D

Amber Zent said...

So adorable!

Heather said...

I would LOVE these to wear at work! I sit near a window and type alll day and my hands are always cold - these would be perfect. :)

aweddingwish said...

I love these - very cool! I am now a follower since I checked out Heidi's link of FB!

DniC said...

Ohhh! Those are cute! I would love a pair.

Hope '10 will come with some great news! ;]

Jennifer @ Live I Must said...

These are really cute. Quite crafty. Knitting is dorky, but dorky always gets a chance to be fashionable. Happy 2010. ;-)

wholesale straw hats said...


Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.